Our interests extend beyond sign design. We keep our members informed about developments and best practice in wayfinding, maps, signage, environmental/experiential graphics, and related fields.
Our events provide excellent opportunities to meet and network with a broad range of people including key decision-makers and influencers. Most of the important UK companies in signage and wayfinding – and many from abroad – are SDS members.
Our members’ work includes iconic signage systems such as Legible London, mass transit systems such as the Dubai Metro, and wayfinding systems for train stations and airports.
Why join us
As an SDS member you can also enjoy:
- Free listing in our members’ directory
- Free regular talks from specialist speakers on a wide range of topics – and lively after-talk discussions
- Our popular summer and end-of-year parties with food, drink and good company – free for all SDS members
- Free access to member-only resources, including our archive of talk recordings
- Networking with industry peers and potential partners, employees and / or employers
- Free job postings on our website
- Our links to universities, students and new graduates
- Posting your company news and events
- Showcasing recent projects in our case study library
- Influencing standardisation and legislation
- Occasional SDS-only specialist visits/tours, seminars and conferences
- Our joint events with organisations such as the International Sign Association UK, and the global IIID (the International Institute for Information Design)
- Advance notice and requests to contribute to industry publications and events
- A special Sign Design Society member logo for use in business materials.