An exciting, dynamic and well-established international design firm Genius Loci, specialists in wayfinding strategy and signage design, is growing their design studio in Dubai, UAE.
Genius Loci was established in 2007 and continues to instil excellence in wayfinding strategy and push the boundaries in signage design across a multitude of project typologies including resorts, hotels, residential, retail, medical facilities, masterplans and mixed-use developments.
We are recruiting for mid-level and senior signage designers to start as soon as possible. Roles are full-time, office-based.
If you’re collaborative and detail oriented with a clean aesthetic to your work, have a strong passion for strategy, typography, graphic and industrial design this may be the right fit for you.
Software skills required include Adobe (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) and ideally 3D (Rhino and KeyShot).
Roles and responsibilities
- Integrate with the extended design team, understand design reports from various disciplines, read plans, review presentations and appreciate the destination aesthetic and space function
- Understand the project design, develop user analysis, develop way-finding strategy principles and design reports
- Conceptualise signage systems for hotels, resorts, retail environments, master planned mixed-use developments, (amongst others), and visualise these in sketches, mood images, 3D Rendering (Rhino and KeyShot) and Adobe illustrations
- Create high-quality, self-explanatory design presentations and reports including design thinking, illustrations, materials, sizes and speci-fications
- Co-ordinate with the extended design team of architects, landscapers and interior designers, etc.
- Present to and liaise with clients, and understand their requirements.
- Will have the ability to work independently and to coordinate with local and international teams
- Have a passion for design, detail and the software they are required to work in, with a clean aesthetic
- Exhibit a strong conceptual approach to design of three-dimensional objects
- Collaborate with an international design team
- Experience with signage on large-scale projects is a benefit
- Collaborate with design and technical teams
- Be able to read architectural plans and understand interior design documents
- Understand fabrication materials, design and graphic design layouts
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Strong knowledge and experience in 3D Rhino and KeyShot
- Minimum two years’ experience in reputable graphic design, branding studio, or other design firm.
Qualifications (degree in any of these fields):
- Graphic Design
- Fine Art
- Wayfinding and Environmental Graphics
- Industrial Design
- Interior Architecture
Apply to: email@example.com.
Refer to our website for background on Genius Loci.