f.r.a. provide niche design services including wayfinding, placemaking and brand design. Our clients love us because we unlock the full potential of their projects and we’re fun to work with. We’re known for an empathetic and unconventional approach to design that gets under the skin of a project but also for delivering real-world results.
We’re looking for a designer to be based in our London studio that wants to grow with us:
- We’re interested in designers of any experience level. If you’re passionate about place, brand, communication and finding clever solutions, you’re with us
- An excellent sense of graphic design with a strong portfolio in typography, illustration and layout
- An understanding of physical environments, architecture and interior design. You don’t have to be an architect but you know how to read a plan and get working at scales bigger than paper/screens
- Can think conceptually about design. You can research and want to find out more about places
- You understand brand but can bend the rules enough to apply it in new ways
- You are curious. This role is all about building an ever-expanding set of skills
- You are an exceptional communicator. Our projects are dynamic and require working with the whole team. You must be able to demonstrate your experience in effective collaboration across all platforms.
You will be working with the Creative Director and the wider team to deliver projects. This includes early research and conceptual design and follows all the way through delivery. You’ll see your projects in the real world. We will help develop your wayfinding skills and train you on our approach to place. You should already have a strong understanding of Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop. Skills in SketchUp, CAD, other 3D applications, web or motion graphics are a bonus. You will be client facing but with the support of the team.
Based in our Clerkenwell studio, you’ll work with our fun and dynamic team and be strongly connected with our Shrewsbury studio – we’re very much one team! You will need to have excellent communication skills both in person and online and be able to take direction and manage a project both face-to-face and through agile channels.
We’re seeking a range of design roles within the studio, ranging from full-time to contract positions. Salary depending on experience.
We have a flexible studio culture with a progressive approach to meet the needs of a post-pandemic world. Our team gets lots of support with flexible hours, agile working, lots of treats, team retreats and a strong focus on wellbeing. Our goal is to keep building a culture that supports a talented and diverse team and at any stage in their career. We share in the company’s success through bonuses. There is plenty of room for growth, it’s yours for the making.
Diversity Statement: As an equal opportunities employer, f.r.a. is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join f.r.a.
How to apply
Applications by email with CV and link to portfolio to: email@example.com.